While there are a number of different reasons one can fail the Know Your Customer (KYC) or Anti-Money Laundering (AML) process, here are a few common reasons:
- Unable to verify your identity, including name or residence
- Information on your form of ID that does not precisely match the information on your GigaStar Market account (e.g. exact names or addresses that do not match)
- Incorrect file extension or file type uploaded as your form of ID
- Poor scanned ID photo quality: e.g. too blurry, poorly lit, or has light reflecting off the surface
- Expired form of identification, including an expired passport or expired driver’s license
- Potential false positives related to AML background checks can occur if correct information is not provided
It is our policy that we do not continue with potential investors that do not pass KYC or AML checks, which means if you fail KYC we won’t proceed with your transaction.